Support the British Institute of Florence
We donate to support the hugely valuable work that BIF does for anglo-italian cultural exchange in Florence with its stimulating and diverse programme of talks and cultural eventsMichael & Alessandra Griffiths
The British Institute of Florence has been at the beating heart of the British relationship with Florence for over 100 years. This is a very special relationship, based on deep mutual attraction, and over the years the Florentines have developed great affection and respect for ‘Il British’ – the place to learn English and engage with English-speaking people and culture.
For generations of residents and visitors the Institute’s glorious rooms in our 15th-century palazzo on the banks of the Arno have been a home from home. Here in our beautiful heritage Library with a View, you may take a course in History of Art, attend a lecture or concert, browse our superb collection of books and periodicals… or just catch up on your
Instagram (the wifi’s great!)
It is a serene and timeless place, an oasis of calm in the gorgeous hurly burly that is Florence; a place that harnesses its deep traditions to create an environment for thought, study, dialogue and cultural engagement.
To preserve and grow this unique institution for the next hundred years we need your help!
The Institute is a non-profit UK charity, which receives no public funding whatsoever. As we move confidently into the future, with an ambitious new programme designed to engage many more people, we need the continued support of our friends and patrons to secure our future now and for generations to come. Each year we need to raise E.150K to maintain our library and cultural programme.
There are five main ways in which you can help:
2. Make a Gift (see below)
4. Make a Legacy (see below)
5. Donate to the Jane Roberts Memorial Fund (in support of the Library)
Every contribution is most gratefully received, and all donations of E.5,000 + are recorded on our Donors Board in the Palazzo Lanfredini.
Thank you for your consideration!
Here is a list of recent donations we have received
Make a Gift
Where possible we encourage gifts that cover three or more years, to allow us to plan with confidence. For UK tax payers, we can operate the Gift Aid scheme to enhance the value of donations. We also work with CAF for both UK and USA tak payers.
Although we are always delighted to receive unrestricted donations, gifts can of course be credited to certain specific activities, for example
• the Cultural Programme
• the History of Art programme
• the Director’s post
• the Librarian’s post
• the Head of History of Art’s post
• the Cultural Co-ordinator’s post
Every gift helps and you can support in different ways:
- Online at JustGiving.
- Through CAF UK and USA
- By post. Send the Donation Form to The British Institute of Florence, Lungarno Guicciardini 9, 50125 Firenze, Italy.
- In person. We welcome your visit so you can learn about what the British Institute has to offer first hand. You can contact us at email@example.com or call us on +39 055 2677 81 to arrange a visit.
- If you have already made a Will and would like to add a bequest to the British Institute of Florence you can use this codicil form. Please send notifications or enquiries in confidence to James Stewart, the Treasurer (Tel: +44 (0)7792 791794) or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a UK taxpayer we can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gift at no additional cost to you. All you need to do is sign the gift aid declaration on the Donation Form or give us your permission over the phone. Non UK taxpayers can still donate using the Donation Form.