Special 1920's Gala Event: Murder on the Orient Express
6 December 2017 - 21:00
The final event of the British 100 Film Festival, which celebrates the Centenary of the British Institute of Florence in 2017, brings us the one of the most anticipated films of the year, Murder on the Orient Express, directed by Kenneth Branagh (English with Italian subtitles).
The film is a new adaptation of the best-known novel by the queen of crime fiction Agatha Christie. Its star-studded cast includes Kenneth Branagh, Judi Dench, Michelle Pfeiffer, Penelope Cruz, Johnny Depp and Willem Dafoe.
Join us for the Gala Screening on Wednesday 6 December (21:00) at the Odeon Cinema, Piazza degli Strozzi, Florence: expect 1920’s dress code and lots of prizes for the most authentic costumes, courtesy of Cinema Odeon and the British Institute of Florence!
All cinema-goers wearing at least one item of 1920s style clothing (or an accessory) will be able to participate in a costume competition for some great prizes:
- a block of 10 free tickets valid for all films showing at the Cinema Odeon;
- a set of elegant notebooks in limited edition from Cinema Odeon;
- an intensive English course at the British Institute (three weeks, either for an adult or a child, to take before June or July 2018);
- an Italian course at the British Institute (four weeks, to be taken by June 30, 2018);
- a one-week History of Art course at the British Institute "100 Treasures in Florence" (in English, 19-24 March 2018);
- free one-year membership of the Harold Acton Library, including entry to Cultural Programme events (for all library benefits, please click here)
- dinner for two at Odeon Bistrò
Book your ticket here
See here the full programme of the British 100 Film Festival