THE BRITISH INSTITUTE OF FLORENCE IS FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES.
On 8th March the Italian Government issued a decree with new instructions designed to control the spread of the virus. These new provisions severely curtail all social, recreational, cultural and educational activities throughout Italy, and encourage people to move about as little as possible.
As a result, the British Institute of Florence is obliged to close its library and suspend all events until 3 April. We are also suspending all face to face teaching until 3 April. We will however offer remote lessons to all our students delivered though online channels by their regular teachers.
All Cambridge English Exams are suspended until 3 April. Candidates will be given the opportunity to reschedule their exams once the schools have reopened.
General preventative measures for the Coronavirus::
- WASH YOUR HANDS – please consider doing this when you arrive, particularly if you have been travelling on public transport
- KEEP YOUR DISTANCE, AND AVOID SHAKING HANDS, HUGGING AND KISSING
- COVER WHEN COUGHING AND SNEEZING
- THROW AWAY PAPER HANDKERCHIEFS AFTER USE
- PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE CLEANLINESS OF SURFACES – we are taking extra measures to disinfect all surfaces, including door handles
- AVOID CLOSE CONTACT WITH PEOPLE WITH FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS
If you have flu-like symptoms stay at home and call your doctor (do not go to the doctor’s office or a hospital)