THE BRITISH INSTITUTE OF FLORENCE IS FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES.
In line with government policy in Italy, the British Institute of Florence is open for business.
Currently the Library at Palazzo Lanfredini is open (Mon-Fri 14:30-18:30), and English language classes are being delivered at Palazzo Strozzino as normal
All visitors to the British Institute are required to follow the following Rules (please note that it is possible these may change at short notice):
1. All visitors to Palazzo Lanfredini will be required to show a Super Green Pass (or equivalent International certification). People attending events must wear a FFP2 mask throughout their visit. No food or drink will be served at events.
2. Students coming to Palazzo Strozzino for courses do not currently need to show a Green Pass, except for Adults who must now show a Green Pass. On arrival, please have your Green Pass checked by reception staff.
3. Visitors to both buildings are requested to observe the following COVID safety rules:
- Please do not come to either building if you have symptoms that could be COVID-19. We are obliged to deny access to anyone with a temperature of 37.5°C (99.5°F) or over, so we ask that you check your temperature before coming to us.
- You must wear a face mask covering your nose and mouth at all times when you are in both British Institute buildings, including the lift. The authorities recommend that you use a FFP2 mask, and not a simple cloth one..
- Please avoid crowding, especially at the entrance to the buildings. Keep a safe distance of at least one metre between yourself and everyone else at all times.
- Gel for cleaning your hands is available at the entrance to both buildings and in all of the classrooms. Please use it on arrival and keep your hands clean at all times using either the gel available in each room or the soap in the toilets
We appreciate your cooperation with these rules so that everyone can enjoy the programmes of the British Institute … and stay safe.