THE BRITISH INSTITUTE OF FLORENCE IS FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES.
In line with government policy in Italy, the British Institute of Florence is reopening our School at Palazzo Strozzino from Monday 18th January 2021.
English courses are returning to the classroom, but always adhering strictly to the following COVID-19 safety protocols. It is possible these may change at short notice.
All visitors to the British Institute are required to follow these Rules:
1. Please do not come to either building if you have symptoms that could be COVID-19. We are obliged to deny access to anyone with a temperature of 37.5°C (99.5°F) or over, so we ask that you check your temperature before coming to us.
2. Gel for cleaning your hands is available at the entrance to both buildings and in all of the classrooms. Please use it on arrival and keep your hands clean at all times using either the gel available in each room or the soap in the toilets
3. In Palazzo Strozzino – if you are not already registered for a lesson, exam or appointment you will have to leave your contact details at reception. In line with the current national Government’s policy for schools, you will not have to complete a self- certification for your temperature. It is your responsibility to check your temperature and the temperature of your children before you leave the house.
4. You must wear a face mask covering your nose and mouth at all times when you are in both British Institute buildings, including the lift.
5. In order to avoid crowding, we ask you to make an online appointment to speak to our reception staff in the language centre in Palazzo Strozzino. This can be done by clicking on https://www.
6. Please avoid crowding, especially at the entrance to the buildings. Keep a safety distance of at least one metre between yourself and everyone else at all times.
7. We request that you read our full COVID Protocols document (in Italian), which gives full details of our procedures and rules for maintaining the COVID safety of our buildings and everyone who comes to them. This document can be found on our website https://www.britishinstitute.it/it/coronavirus and on the notice boards in both buildings.
We will continue to offer all our History of Art courses and the Wednesday Lectures online.
The Library is partially open to let people consult our collections and archive inside the library. Please find more details here.
We appreciate your cooperation with these rules so that everyone can enjoy the programmes of the British Institute … and stay safe.