Support the British Institute of Florence
In 2017, the British Institute of Florence celebrates its centenary. For almost a hundred years we have occupied a special place in Florence’s vibrant cultural life, acting as a key educational resource and focus point between the city and its Anglophone visitors.
In our next hundred years we want to build on this and be the first port of call for those wanting to learn about Italian art history, language and culture, or to experience the best of British culture.
As a UK charity with no public funding since the 1920s, we depend on our supporters to continue to offer our cultural activities and fulfil our charitable objectives. As we approach our centenary we are launching a major appeal to ensure that our cultural heritage is protected and available for future generations to enjoy.
With your support we want to:
- Better serve our students, local residents and visitors to Florence, by developing and extending our cultural programme, housed in the Harold Acton Library, the largest English language lending library in continental Europe.
- Improve access to UK students, through bursaries, to high quality tuition of art history, offering exceptional opportunities in the birthplace of the Renaissance.
- Continue to provide the highest quality language tuition in English and Italian.
- Make our unique archive, which preserves the extraordinarily rich stories of the Anglo Florentines, more accessible to the public through the continued employment of a professional archivist and the acquisition of new collections.
Every gift helps and you can support in different ways:
- Online at JustGiving.
- By post. Send the Donation Form to BIF100, British Institute of Florence, Lungarno Guicciardini 9, 50125 Firenze, Italy.
- In person. We welcome your visit so you can learn about what the British Institute has to offer first hand. You can contact us at BIF100@britishinstitute.it or call us on +39 055 2677 81 to arrange a visit.
- Corporate Partnership. The British Institute has much to offer businesses interested in supporting the arts. By becoming a corporate partner you can enjoy a range of benefits.
- Trusts and Foundations. Grants from trusts and foundations have made possible many of the Institute’s previous projects in the library and archive and we welcome opportunities to participate in new grant-giving applications.
- Legacies. If you have already made a Will and would like to add a bequest to the British Institute of Florence you can use this codicil form. Please send notifications or enquiries in confidence to Martin Owen, the Treasurer (Tel: +44 (0)7949 615388) or at email@example.com
If you are a UK taxpayer we can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gift at no additional cost to you. All you need to do is sign the gift aid declaration on the Donation Form or give us your permission over the phone. Non UK taxpayers can still donate using the Donation Form.
Thank you for supporting the British Institute of Florence’s Centenary Appeal and we welcome your feedback on how you would like to see us evolve.